We discovered something new
MAGNIVA Platinum Silage Inoculant exclusively features the newly discovered bacteria strain L. hilgardii CNCM I-4785 in combination with L. buchneri NCIMB 40788. Discovered in Brazil, L. hilgardii is the result of more than 10 years research that’s and has been tested and proven on a variety of crops.
Together, L. hilgardii CNCM I-4785 and L. buchneri NCIMB 40788 deliver powerful and unrivalled improvements to forage preservation and aerobic stability across a range of forage types and conditions, providing greater management flexibility.
We made it even better
MAGNIVA Platinum goes beyond traditional forage inoculants with the help of three unique bacteria strains – Lactobacillus hilgardii CNCM I-4785, Lactobacillus buchneri NCIMB 40788 and Pediococcus pentosaceus NCIMB 12455. This powerful combination delivers the following proven benefits:
The winning combination for your farm
Forage inoculants with combination of bacterial strains are proven to work hard and more efficiently, putting you in control of your forage quality and feed costs. That’s why MAGNIVA Platinum contains unique strains plus enzymes backed by research. L.hilgardii CNCM I-4785 and L.buchneri NCIMB 40788 work in combination to provide longer lasting aerobic stability for your pile and reduce spoilage yeast in your forage.
MAGNIVA Platinum gives you flexibility when:
- Silage inventory is short due to lower yields from the previous crop or an increase in animal numbers.
- Costs increase for energy and protein feeds, making ensiled forages a competitive solution to control your feed expenses.
- You need to open grass silages as quickly as possible due to poor grazing potential (for farms that are grazing), such as in very dry or wet springs when you can’t put animals on pasture.
- You need to open your grass/small grains silages as quickly as possible to control purchases of protein sources.
Clean silage with MAGNIVA Platinum
Another advantage of using MAGNIVA Platinum is silage contains significantly lower numbers of undesirable bacteria. Using new genetic sequencing metagenomics technologies, we can now follow the total bacterial population changes in silage across the fermentation and opening periods.
Silage treated with MAGNIVA Platinum are dominated by desirable Lactobacillus populations while untreated silages contain a variety of undesirable bacteria.
Clean silage is beneficial because it ensures:
- Silage smells better and is more palatable
- Reduced levels of yeasts and molds that can lead to rumen disruption
- Increased dry matter intake
- Decreased risk of spoiled silage due to reduced yeast and mold populations
The new state of the art technologies give us valuable insights into microbiological changes happening in silage bunker in real-time. Watch the video to see the differences in microbial population in an untreated corn silage and in corn silage treated with MAGNIVA Platinum forage inoculant.
Currently only available in US market.
HAVE IT ALL WITH MAGNIVA PLATINUM
Learn more about MAGNIVA Platinum in the dedicated document.
Not all products are available in all markets nor are all claims allowed in all regions.