We discovered something new
MAGNIVA Platinum Silage Inoculants exclusively feature the newly discovered bacteria strain L. hilgardii CNCM I-4785 in combination with L. buchneri NCIMB 40788. Discovered in Brazil, L. hilgardii is the result of more than 10 years research that’s and has been tested and proven on a variety of crops.
Together, L. hilgardii CNCM I-4785 and L. buchneri NCIMB 40788 deliver powerful and unrivalled improvements to forage preservation and aerobic stability across a range of forage types and conditions, providing greater management flexibility.
We made it even better
The powerful combination of L. hilgardii CNCM I-4785 and L. buchneri NCIMB 40788 in MAGNIVA Platinum Silage Inoculants deliver the following proven benefits:
The winning combination for your farm
The MAGNIVA Platinum range provides dairy and beef producers the flexibility to feed silage after just 15 days without sacrificing silage quality or stability.
Managing feedstocks can be a challenge and changes week to week. Sometimes shortages and additional costs just can’t be avoided.
MAGNIVA Platinum gives you flexibility when:
- Silage inventory is short due to lower yields from the previous crop or an increase in animal numbers.
- Increased costs for energy and protein feeds, making production uncompetitive ensiled forages offer a competitive solution to control your feed expenses.
- You need to open grass silages as quickly as possible due to poor grazing potential (for farms that are grazing), such as in very dry or wet springs when you can’t put animals on pasture.
- You need to open your grass/small grains silages as quickly as possible to control purchases of protein sources.
More milk or beef with less feed
The improvements in silage quality due to using MAGNIVA® Platinum Silage inoculants are reflected in animal performance.
An independent trial conducted at Blanca in the Pyrenees showed MAGNIVA® Platinum 1 improved the stability of the corn silage, and reduced yeast and mold levels by 3.8 and 7.4 times, respectively.
This resulted in improved feed efficiency of 60 kilograms more milk per tonne (132 pounds per ton) for a ration containing MAGNIVA® Platinum treated corn silage compared to the control ration containing untreated corn silage.
A trial conducted at the Lethbridge Research and Development Centre, AAFC, showed wholecrop corn silage inoculated with MAGNIVA® Platinum significantly improved aerobic stability of silage by inhibiting yeast activity during ensiling and aerobic exposure periods. In addition, the feeding trial demonstrated increased feed efficiency.
Clean silage with MAGNIVA Platinum
Another advantage of using MAGNIVA Platinum Silage Inoculants is silage contains significantly lower numbers of undesirable bacteria. Using new genetic sequencing metagenomics technologies, we can now follow the total bacterial population changes in silage across the fermentation and opening periods.
Silage treated with MAGNIVA Platinum are dominated by desirable Lactobacillus populations while untreated silages contain a variety of undesirable bacteria.
Clean silage is beneficial because it ensures:
- Silage smells better and is more palatable
- Reduced levels of yeasts and molds that can lead to rumen disruption
- Increased dry matter intake
- Decreased risk of spoiled silage due to reduced yeast and mold populations
The new state of the art technologies give us valuable insights into microbiological changes happening in silage bunker in real-time. Watch the video to see the differences in microbial population in an untreated corn silage and in corn silage treated with MAGNIVA Platinum forage inoculant
Effect of the MAGNIVA Platinum inoculant on corn silage
Learn more about the discovery of L.hilgardii CNCM I-4785 in our dedicated brochure.
Not all products are available in all markets nor are all claims allowed in all regions.